What skills and qualities do you have? And, more importantly, what do you wish for in a job? We’ll give you a call to get to know each other better.
As a Legal Secretary, you will perform a broad range of secretarial, document processing and administrative support to attorneys, where excellent client service is emphasized and practiced.
- You will prepare drafts for routine correspondence, documents, spreadsheets and presentations in multiple formats (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- You will maintain the attorney’s Outlook calendar and contacts.
- You will manage and maintain the attorney’s time entry records to ensure compliance with established deadlines.
- You will prepare and maintain an up-to-date and accurate filing system, including paper, electronic and chronological files.
- You will assist with the preparation of correspondence with and submission to authorities and the judiciary.
- You will prepare and process new business intake forms to request client/matter numbers, maintain updated lists of client/matter numbers and prepare engagement letters.
- You will manage the attorney’s travel arrangements and schedules, as well as prepare travel itineraries.
- You will have to input, edit, format and proofread legal correspondence and documents.
- You will have to transcribe text (e.g., correspondence and miscellaneous legal documents) from handwritten drafts, audiotapes, voice messages or digital recording.
Tasks / Competencies
- You hold a high school degree or above.
- You have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of legal secretarial experience, preferably in law firms or other legal environments.
- You are highly proficient in English and fluent in French, any other European language is welcome.
- You have advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to work independently, take initiative and carry out assignments without supervision.
- You are able to prioritize tasks, pay attention to detail and ensure that deadlines are being met.
- You can work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are highly customer-oriented.
- You are a team player, willing to integrate into a very collaborative office structure.
- You are flexible to work overtime.
This is a part-time position working of 5 hours a day in the afternoon hours (ideally from 14 o'clock until 19 o'clock with some flexibility).
Our client offers you the opportunity to work in an international environment, this is a permanent position with an initial interim period. Based in the European quarter of Brussels in beautiful modern offices and as part of a small international office team.
Applying for this job? This can be done quickly and easily via the "apply now" button. Make sure you check your mailbox (including your spam!) to confirm your application!
About the employer
- Sector: Lawyer / Notary
Our client is a key player in the antitrust and competition arena. Their lawyers are part of a collaborative, global and multi-office team.