What skills and qualities do you have? And, more importantly, what do you wish for in a job? We’ll give you a call to get to know each other better.
As an Office Manager you will report to the Director-General, and assist the team with the following tasks:
- You will handle all general administration and maintenance of the office.
- You will manage the office, including IT, logistics, and facilities efficiently.
- You will liaise with the social secretariat.
- You will ensure compliance with Belgian staff regulations and legislation.
- You will provide assistance to personnel recruitment.
- You will manage new contracts and onboarding new staff members.
- You will facilitate communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will provide support in workflow management and statutory procedures.
- You will make travel arrangements.
- You will manage the logistics and budget of all the events.
- You will prepare outgoing invoices, process incoming invoices and offer financial support.
- You will help the external accountant prepare the half-year financial situation and the end of the year accounts.
- You will manage and control the budgets/finances of EU-funded RTD projects.
Tasks / Competencies
- You preferably have administrative/financial experience within a European organization.
- You ideally have previous experience in event management and/or with EU-funded R&D projects financials.
- You have excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and French or Dutch. Other languages are a plus.
- You are proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- You have knowledge of the Belgian Administrations and general HR regulations.
- You are interested in new organizational technologies (database management etc.).
- You are interested in social media.
- You show initiative to engage and tackle problems on your own and in a team as well as problem-solving skills.
- You have a cooperative spirit, multitasking skills, sense of initiative and autonomy, eye to detail, ability to prioritize.
- You are ready to contribute in a flexible way to a small but dynamic team.
Our clients offers a competitive remuneration package with a variety of extra benefits.
You would work in a motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment and have a challenging job in a fast-evolving and technology-driven industry sector with many European and international contacts.
You will be offered a full-time, permanent contract.
About the employer
- Sector: Services
Our client helps industries and manufacturing technologies defining the strategy to refine its leadership and global competitiveness on a European level.