What skills and qualities do you have? And, more importantly, what do you wish for in a job? We’ll give you a call to get to know each other better.
For our client, an international firm located in the heart of our capital city, we are currently looking for a Billing Assistant to assist the Brussels based billing specialist as well as the London based Accounts Receivable team.
What you will be doing:
- You will assist with the checking, printing, e-printing, and distribution of monthly pro-forma invoices to lawyers and partners.
- You will produce draft invoices, finalise invoices and credit notes, ensure bills are prepared in accordance with client agreements.
- You will assist the billing and AR team, and other members of the finance team as appropriate, in the preparation of information and other reports for the regular finance and WIP meetings.
- You will generate time and billing reports and other client reports on demand. You will upload electronic invoices (“e-billing”) upon request and ensure processing is accurate and efficient
- You will provide high levels of customer service to lawyers, staff and clients of the firm while observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- You will administer time and costs transfers and write-offs.
- You will ensure compliance with VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- You will run and send monthly Partner AR Reports (Brussels office + Partner assignment within Europe)
- You will check the status for eBilled clients and provide updates on a bi-weekly basis to European Billing Team and European AR Supervisor.
Tasks / Competencies
Who are you?
- You have a Bachelor degree or are equivalent in relevant experience.
- Ideally you have one year of similar experience in a billing role.
- You are fluent in English and understand the billing jargon, both written and oral, as this is the working language of our client.
- You have at least an intermediary knowledge of Excel, as well as a decent knowledge of Word and Powerpoint.
- You have a first experience working with e-billing tools/systems.
- You have a basic understanding of VAT rules in Belgium and Europe.
- You are a self-starter who shows ownership and commitment, and you are able to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be offered a fixed term contract with a competitive salary and large advantage package (meal & eco vouchers, sports & culture voucheres, 6 extra vacation days, gift vouchers at year end, ...). You will be working a 37,5h week, home working is optional.
About the employer
- Sector: Lawyer / Notary
Our client is a renowned legal adviser for global businesses with its head office in Chicago and, for Europe, a main office in London, with which a lot of interaction is done from the Brussels office.