What skills and qualities do you have? And, more importantly, what do you wish for in a job? We’ll give you a call to get to know each other better.
As a Business Developer you will be part of the BD team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to key business development initiatives as determined by the partnership.
- Prepare, draft and coordinate pitches, proposals and RFP responses (often spanning multiple countries and practice areas) in collaboration with the Business Development lawyer, the partners and the associates, both in Brussels and across the global network.
- Handle requests from foreign offices for input on international pitches and other documents demonstrating our capabilities.
- Identify and understand the Firm's relevant experience and knowledge in order to provide tailor-made, high quality and work-winning pitches and proposals, based on an understanding of the client's business and relevant recent developments as well as their specific needs and demands.
- Track new and developing business activities and opportunities in the firm's systems.
- Prepare and coordinate directory submissions (independent external rankings of our various practices as compared to those of other law firms) and nominations for awards in order to raise our external profile.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and market research in preparation for client and prospect meetings, pitches/proposals, and other business development initiatives.
- Draft and publish external and internal communications, including (but not limited to) intranet articles, social media posts, public website content, press releases and client newsletters.
- Maintain and update marketing materials, including practice group descriptions, lists of representative matters, CVs, brochures, etc., and assist with general marketing information requests.
- Provide occasional logistical event support for local business development events. This will involve working with the design team to craft print and electronic materials; managing the process for electronic announcements and invitations; handling pre-event logistics; providing on-site event staffing; assisting with post-event follow-up; and tracking ROI received.
- Act as project manager on various BD projects with the aim of further professionalizing and improving internal BD processes and implementing best practices from the global BD network in our local BD structure.
Tasks / Competencies
- You are a native or near-native English speaker, with good knowledge of Dutch or French.
- You have a bachelor or master's degree in law, business, economics, marketing, information & communication, linguistics or equivalent.
- You have strong computer skills, including web-based research, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- You have a passion for drafting, the ability to write in a clever and concise manner.
- You have an affinity with business development, marketing and commercial processes.
- You are used to working in a highly demanding environment, often against tight deadlines.
- You demonstrate excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail.
- You are able to manage multiple projects at the same time and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- You have a flexible working approach and the confidence to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of seniority.
- You are motivated by client satisfaction and strive to exceed the expectations of the clients (both internal and external).
You will receive a permanent contract from day one with amazing extra legal benefits. The beautiful offices are located in the hear of Ixelles, in Avenue Louise.
About the employer
- Sector: Lawyer / Notary
Our client , work and people span jurisdictions, cultures and languages. In a world where commercial success increasingly relies on globalisation, our client offers a truly international perspective, and to their people a rewarding and stimulating career.