What skills and qualities do you have? And, more importantly, what do you wish for in a job? We’ll give you a call to get to know each other better.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the flawless execution of scheduled events for assigned client accounts within budget and time.
- Exhibits strong understanding of the client (industry, culture, execution expectations, financial calendar, travel requirements, dietary requirements, etc.).
- Secures resourcing and scheduling for all phases of the project (people, facilities, vendors, hotels, materials) within budget.
- Develops event implementation plan, schedule and reviews with the delivery team for alignment.
- Monitors and tracks event milestones and deliverables
- Supports in preparing program materials and deliverables (e.g. client reporting)
- Communicates regularly to event delivery team regarding updates outlining status against milestones & budget.
- Partners with client as needed to develop an event level communication plan as needed (e.g., welcome letters, pre-work letters, logistics, etc.).
- Manages the execution of event registrations, pre-event activities, learning platform activation, assessment tracking and follow-up (as needed).
- Responsible for the timely entry of event level data into required systems. Maintain and updated regularly to ensure accurate enterprise reporting (financial, logistics, and more).
- Reports progress and facilitates discussions with project team and client engagement team to identify and resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Supports client advisory team for set-up and implementation of new won business.
- Facilitates the work of assigned Client Implementation Associates to ensure process compliance and a success execution of client expectations.
- Responsible for event closing activities to include event evaluation, delivery team debrief, client debrief, and other actions as needed. Provide summary update to appropriate Client Engagement Director/Manager and Client Advisor as required.
- Create event level budgets. Monitors budget and notifies team when margin target is at risk and adjustments are required.
- Responsible for executing events with healthy contribution margins that meet established expectations and KPIs.
- Responsible for financial closing activities to include expense reconciliation, client invoice, and other actions as needed.
- Acts as a Super User in all operational systems related to project management.
- Mentors and ramps up new Client Implementation Managers
- Acts as an advisor to implementation team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
Tasks / Competencies
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Business & Financial Acumen:
- Understands event financials, analysis, and performance metrics; is able to analyze and reconcile financial variances; knows and understands how to drive client value; is able to prioritize the work; balances decisions around client need, internal needs, and account margins.
- Process Discipline: Understands process as critical to ease of execution, client satisfaction, and innovation. Is always conscious of the processes; holds team accountable to process; reports process conflicts and/or issues; is accountable for the results of their actions (good or bad); take ownership to shows others that they can trust you to do the right thing.
- Critical Thinking & Sound judgement: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Knows when to ask for help or clarify assumptions. Identifies and implements solutions to problems.
- Superior Communication Skills: Extremely articulate verbally and in writing. Listens, speaks, and writes clearly and consistently for maximum impact even complex messages. Ability to influence and diplomatically advocate a point of view with both internal and external customers when situation requires a strong voice. Ability to say no when appropriate.
- Client Focus: Creates a “customer first” environment to ensure a superior clients experience; anticipates client's needs and issues and can prioritize appropriately; builds a strong professional relationship with the client; provides timely communication and relevant information to meet client needs.
- Learning Agility: Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things; enjoys experimentation, being curious and effectively dealing with the discomfort of change; pursues, responds to and uses feedback; views failures and mistakes as an opportunity to learn; focuses on what is possible, removes barriers; is persistent, focused, patient, and respectful even during stressful situations
- Digitally Savvy: Uses information in various digital formats effectively and efficiently to perform job tasks; evaluate the quality, relevance, usefulness, validity, and applicability of digital information; interpret, analyze, summarize, compare digital information.
- Virtual Leadership: Strong interpersonal skills; ability to articulate crystal clear expectations and ensure team alignment; commitment to regular and meaningful communication; willingness to invest in relationships; patience; grant and engender trust easily, create actionable meetings, leverages technology to create connections; collaborative culture builder.
- Risk Management: Expert at identifying potential risks or risk analysis for probability of occurrence; thorough at risk elimination or reduction strategies to monitor risks and expert with risk management strategies
- Negotiation: Exceptional negotiation skills that lead to each side sensing some satisfaction and feeling of a “win” situation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Requires 5-10 years of project/program management experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams) required.
- Strong skills Virtual Meeting platforms (Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Skype for Business, etc.) required.
- Extensive knowledge of the project/program management. Program Management Professional (PgMP)® or Project Management Professional (PMP)® certifications required.
Our client offers you a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, international environment.
The mission is temorary and will last about 9 months.
About the employer
- Sector: Non Profit
Our client is a global and international provider in the field of leadership solutions and leadership development.
Our client has been ranked among the world's top 5 providers of executive education.
You'll be joining an international and dynamic working environment, based in central Brussels and in modern office spaces.