For our client, a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries, we are looking for a Management Assistant to provide general administrative support to the Litigation & Regulatory practice group.
This is a role for a proactive and enthusiastic individual who thrives on delivering results and who is looking to build a career as part of a leading global law firm.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the secretarial team to provide comprehensive PA, Secretarial and administrative support, taking ownership and ensuring the work is executed in the most efficient and appropriate way
- Proactively manage and maintain diaries; coordinating meetings with internal and external clients, ensuring all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges
- Managing booking of meeting rooms, conference and video facilities; liaising with attendees as needed
- Dealing with external and internal telephone calls and queries in a professional manner and relaying messages to the relevant person
- Organising and managing travel arrangements; preparation of key documents including visas, correspondence (invitation letters), invoices and expense claims
- Amending and reformatting documents, where appropriate, ensuring that completed documents are delivered accurately
- Preparing presentations and meeting papers, including print production
- File management; organising and opening of matters, closing of files, archiving and ensuring that all relevant documents are filed electronically and paper based, when required
- Managing the billing process using Elite (internal financial system). Assisting fee earners by liaising with other parties to raise invoices. Liaise with other global offices to follow relevant procedures, managing fee earners to complete all necessary time recordings or to enter their time recordings on their behalf
- Reviewing, proofreading billing drafts on a monthly basis and submitting to attorneys for review and approval
- Process matter maintenance request such as address changes, discount requests etc.
- File client information on a consistent basis
- Pulling together information from various software and ensuring a seamless match
- Work closely with the Finance department to follow-up outstanding accounts
- Create bills, disbursements, create and amend narratives as well as requesting for credit notes and inter-office bills, and liaising with international offices where necessary
- Complete financial reports where required for internal systems, highlighting outstanding earnings to be billed, and updating client where needed
- Manage group and fee earner contacts to ensure they are up-to-date
- Provide administrative support to fee earners with conflict searches and audit requests
- Assist on ad-hoc projects - for example, managing bundles, indexing documents etc.
Who we are looking for:
- French speaker with excellent command of English. Dutch is a plus
- Demonstrating flexibility, and ability to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to meet business demands and work with demanding stakeholders
- Demonstrate a capability to manage and understand the end-to-end billing process of legal firms
- Previous experience as a legal Secretary
- Discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Team player with a positive 'can do' attitude; common sense, flexible
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Very organised, and can plan, impact and influence
- Proactive and able to use initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Interpersonal understanding and problem solving ability
- Our client offers a very competitive salary package.
- Working from hom is possible for this role, depending on the needs of the Partner and other colleagues
- Sector: Lawyer / Notary
Our client is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Their global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.