What skills and qualities do you have? And, more importantly, what do you wish for in a job? We’ll give you a call to get to know each other better.
Do you want to add value by using your initiative and judgement to respond to the needs of executive officers? Are you organised and able to liaise effectively with a wide range of people? Do you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment?
As an executive Support Officer, you will :
Provide high-level executive and organisational support to the Ambassador and co-ordination of their office.
Liaise with officials from Government ministries, business, other diplomatic missions and sections within the Embassy.
Prepare and manage the Ambassador’s program and schedule of appointments, including arranging official appointments, meetings, lunches and other appointments (including facilitating video conferencing), receiving and escorting official visitors and coordination of travel arrangements.
Assist with program preparation and other arrangements for visiting officials.
Maintain and update a database of Embassy contacts.
Assist in the preparation of documentation, including cables, diplomatic notes and other correspondence, and conduct research as required.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Sound experience providing executive support
- Previous institutionally related experience is a big plus
- Excellent organisational skills, well-honed initiative and ability to think flexibly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to provide accurate and timely information with a focus on attention to detail.
- Sound written and oral communication skills and fluency in English. French is a plus.
- Ability to work independently within a small team and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build networks and liaise across a range of key stakeholders.
- Strong capacity to exercise discretion and judgement.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications (including Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams)
This role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to gain an understanding of the European diplomatic landscape and gain experience working in a fast-paced dynamic organisation. This is a short term contract of 3 months - up to 12 months.
Embassy based in Brussels.